Section 1: Individual Information
Section 2: Position: Please select the position you are hoping to be elected to
Section 3: Questions: Please answer the following questions
Section 4: Declaration
In making this application, I fully understand that it is an application only and does not guarantee nomination or election to the Cabosa Shreveport Soccer Club Board of Directors. I understand and, by my signature, attest that I now, and will in the future, adhere to the Cabosa Shreveport Soccer Club Director Service Consent & Responsibilities Agreement (please see following information).
Cabosa Shreveport Soccer Club Director Service Consent & Responsibilities
As a member of CABOSA SHREVEPORT SOCCER CLUB Board of Directors, I will exercise the responsibilities of this office with integrity, collegiality and care. I pledge:
1. To establish as a high priority, my attendance at all meetings of the Board, committees and task forces on which I serve.
2. To come prepared to discuss the issues and business to be addressed at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and relevant background material.
3. To work with and respect the opinions of my peers who serve this Board, and to leave my personal prejudices out of all Board discussions.
4. To always act for the good of Cabosa Shreveport Soccer Club.
5. To represent CABOSA SHREVEPORT SOCCER CLUB in a positive and supportive manner at all times and in all places.
6. To observe the parliamentary procedures, and display courteous conduct in all Board, committee and task force meetings.
7. To refrain from intruding on administrative issues that are the responsibility of the CABOSA SHREVEPORT SOCCER CLUB Officers, except to monitor the results and prohibit methods that conflict with Board policy.
8. To avoid conflicts of interest between my position as a Board member, my business life, and any other soccer affiliations. If such a conflict does arise, I will declare that conflict before the Board and refrain from voting on matters in which I have conflict.
9. To support in a positive manner all actions taken by the Board of Directors even when I am in a minority position on such actions.
10. To agree to serve on at least one committee or task force, attend all committee/task force meetings, and participate in the accomplishment of its objectives. If I chair the Board, a committee or a task force, I will:
a. Call meetings as necessary until objectives are met
b. Ensure that the agenda and support materials are provided to all members in advance of the meetings
c. Conduct the meetings in an orderly, fair, open, and efficient manner
d. Make committee and task force progress reports/minutes to the Board at its scheduled meetings.
11. To participate in:
a. Board development activities that enhance my skills as a Board member; and
b. Any approved fundraising to ensure that the League has adequate funding for its programs.
If for any reason, I find myself unable to carry out the above duties to the best of my abilities, I agree to resign my position as a Board member/officer.